On the other hand, I will no longer be going into the US ever because I am a journalist and apparently we now require a visa (joining Cuba, North Korea, Saudi Arabia and Zimbabwe). Or you get thrown in jail.
Then again, it could be the US just doesn't like what the British have to say about them. Like the guys who told them to stop bombing civilians in Afghanistan.
In Iran, the crazy Jew-hating president, seems to be having no major problems with the 25,000-40,000 Jews living in Iran, the country with the largest Jewish population in the Middle-East (outside Israel). But I still assume that Jewish Iranian MP is bitching him out about that Holocaust conference.
In Uganda, the "organic" craze takes hold!
While finally, Noam Chomsky has some more good writing about media and democracy in Zmag:
"The first things that Lenin and Trotsky destroyed, immediately after the October revolution, were the soviets, the workers' councils and all the democratic bodies. As orthodox Marxists they thought that a backward country such as Russia was incapable of achieving socialism immediately, and must first be forcibly industrialised.
No comments:
Post a Comment