Friday, January 4, 2008

It's a steam world after all

Note: Gwalgen is a big-time lover of of steam and sauna houses.

I kid you not, the following conversation happened in my office today:

Co-worker 1 (From Toronto): "...ya, the only good thing about Vancouver is the Hastings Steam and Sauna."

Gwalgen (From Vancouver): "Oh my god! How do you know about that place? I'm an honorary member. I went there all the time!"

Co-worker 2 (From Thunder Bay): "Really?"

G: "Ya, it's gotten way too expensive though. You should try this really awesome one in the sub-burbs called JJ-spa. It's luxurious and amazing."

CW1: "Ya, but the thing I liked about the Hastings Steam and Sauna was that it was kind of a dive."

CW2: "What do you mean?"

CW1: "Well..."

G: "It kind of has the perfect blend of 'seedy' and 'homey'. It's from1926..."

CW1: "...and nothing's been fixed in it..."

G: "...but it's in a really bad part of town."

CW2: "Wow. Hey, there's this really good one up in Thunder Bay called...

G: "Oh my god! Kangas? It's awesome!"

CW2: "How did you know!?!"

No comments: