I have a 17 year old roommate. On a number of levels that does not work, but on other more important levels, we have found ways of bonding like 2 bro's. It's been nice the last couple of days.
He excitedly showed me all his favorite media bites on the net and I was floored by a couple of them. He's really big into battel hip-hop where 2 MC's freestlye by dissing each other. Roommate U-18 is really into DJ Eyedea and a guy called Brother ALi who is a black albino dude from the states. I'll leave you to postulate on his identity issues, but needless to say the roommate showed me some crazy video's.
I haven't ever seen either but one is a really politically explicit song my Mos Def and Immortal Techniques - both super-political dudes - about their belief that Bush was behind 9/11. There's a bunch of other great stuff in the song and the video is great...I just can't believe they got away with the song and not getting arrested. Immortal Techniques apparently is a believer in other theories as well namely that blacks came to North America before Columbus.
This other video is poor quality, gross and I don't like the rapper - Necro - at all. It's here only cause it reminds me a lot of the people at my work and their addictions and it was apparently shot at Necro's uncles. He's the scetchy dude using needles. Apparently the drug-use is real.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Immortant Technique is amazing. Krisztina saw him live in Venezuala when she was there for the World Conference on Youth and Students and has a recording of him. She posted it somewhere on her blogspot site.
Post a Comment