Saturday, July 14, 2007

Karma

Black is guilty! Ha, I knew he's go down in flames for something. A friend of mine asked if I really thought he was going to jail and I mused that anyone who saw that videotape of him trying to sneak a palette of documents out of his office illegally would find that muthafuka guilty of something.

For those that anticipate either an overturning of the verdict or the Black and co. will get off at some fancy Club Fed jail, McLean's tries to brush your fears aside by pointing to the cold road to hell that Black will be walking for a long time.

On a side note, Sharmeen purchased for me a book in Saskatoon that I've been eying for a few months entitled Confessions of an Economic Hitman. It's a really weird book about a man who, in his own words, was hired during the 1960's through the 80's to cheat developing countries out of billions of dollars in order to benefit US commercial, military or political interests.

The subject matter isn't weird at all, let's face it anyone who looks closely at the written record can see this happening all the time. What is strange is the manner in which the writer tries to excuse his actions or promote sympathy for his tale. Also it's strange that after I got through chapter 1, 2 reviews for the authors next book appear in Zmag the next day both here and here.

No comments: