Sunday, March 11, 2007

When your number's up, that's it

Though I've been through a number of break-ups, today was the first where I had to break it off with a lover, after my resurgence of poly-amoury. It wasn't very well planned and there was almost no build-up, so it caught me by surprize. On the other hand I didn't expect to feel
down about it and conflicted. It's ran me under all day and put me in a really bad mood.

Burnout at my shelter is reaching new proportions. A number of quitings and firings have plagued us recently. Everyone gets thin patience and moral gets destoyed as well as the institutional memory of the place.

In other news, I had to deal with my first death at work today. A guy who was here in my first week. He came in the day I was hired. I remember some interactions with him. Anyways, dead at 35 due to complications with HIV.

Rest in peace.

No comments: